Things I've learned this week about weaving, and that I already know about life:
- Yarn gets tangled; so does life, even during one day. (Oh, what a tangled web we weave...)
- Yarn that is all wrapped up in the skein becomes a different color and texture when it is unwrapped. (Don't judge a book by its cover.)
- Plans imagined aren't always the ones that end up being completed. (Go with the flow...)
- Looking ahead doesn't work as well as focusing on the moment. (Life is available only in the present moment.-Thich Nhat Hanh)
- It's a good idea to have everything needed before one starts. (Look before you leap.)
You can no longer see "all" the grass because the loom allows the weaving to be rolled at the bottom bar in order to free the warp (the vertical strings) for further weaving. This week I began a hill on the left, and am trying to include some flowers too. Those are in the strip in the top middle and out. So far, lots of fun!
Have a terrific week everyone!