"In the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things, the heart finds its morning and is refreshed." Kahlil Gibran
My pleasures to celebrate this week:
- a good meeting with a colleague to plan book discussions of her students' summer reading
- being with my writing group for the first time since springtime
- writing and reading, a lot - such a joy to have long hours of time
- purchasing a new vacuum - hurrah - it's been a long time (embarrassed to say) but I did it, put it together, & from the dirt that appeared in the bagless container, I guess the old one has not been doing so well - again, hurrah
- a day today with my oldest granddaughter, Ingrid-the Museum of Nature & Science will be our biggest activity, then who knows?
I won't be posting a week from today because I'll be off to the beach with both my children and their families. Like last year, we've rented a house on Captiva Island and will be there all week. Here's a photo from last year. It is a pleasure to be with everyone, my husband's nephew and his partner live in the area and will join us often-great times. I'm celebrating ANTICIPATION!
I hope everyone is having a good summer. When I return, it really will be time to be talking school!