A few more days until Thanksgiving, a few more days till family, and a few days of rest before back in that swift time before the holidays, such a joyful time, but busier than most of the year. This week celebrating different moments:
- Students who sit and talk of their goals for work with passion and enthusiasm. It's a gift to me to be able to have those conversations.
- A Friday trip where an hour into the mountains, the bus started smoking, and I made it to a stopping place, a helpful colleague came to the rescue--with another bus--and we were able to carry on with the trip. Flexibility was key, but what a day!
- Shopping for dinner with my granddaughter and trying hard not to laugh as she carefully examined a few frozen packages to see what she might like. (Pictures mean a lot to those who cannot yet read, and Stauffer's won the day.)
- Spending a few hours shopping with my daughter last Sunday. We are both so busy that a few hours is a treasure.
- Looking forward to this coming Thanksgiving with all the family. My son, daughter-in-law and grandson will be here!
Happy Thanksgiving with friends and family, wherever you are, whatever you enjoy on your table.
From John Fitzgerald Kennedy: "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."