Tweet at #CelebrateLu!
There are many little things that I find to celebrate each week. The first thing that occurred to me this evening is the Roman Numeral number that accompanies Ruth's post each week. This week, it says LXXI, seventy-two. I haven't missed many. Just imagine, for seventy-two times, we've written notes of celebration, and each one holds multiple things for which we celebrate. That's a ton of celebrating!
This week, my first week back from a week's winter break, I celebrate:
- I have one more poem to write for Laura Shovan's birthday month-blogging at Author Amok. She's celebrating by giving us sound prompts every day from which to write a poem. I've only missed one (I think). I celebrate the daily poem brain exercise! I posted one of my poems yesterday on Poetry Friday.
- My students returned rested and ready, and worked hard to meet expectations. There are a few big weeks coming, our Advanced School play, preparing portfolios for the upcoming student/parent/teach conference, and beginning new units. It's an exciting time for all of us to consider new topics of exploration.
- Because I started late with this class, and my assistant even a few weeks later, for him it's been a "jump in and come up swimming" kind of time. I celebrate his ability to do that and the way we are becoming a team. I am endlessly grateful for all he is doing for the students and for me.
- Seldom occurring: Thursday we had a snow day. Although we just returned from a break, I relished staying home and completing some further school work, more reading, and dusting. Sometimes it just takes one more day to catch up!
- Finally, ever celebrating my Fridays after school with Ingrid. This time, off to the store on the way home to stock up on ice cream! One moment! Ingrid loves to make up magic spells so she can use them to open the grocery store doors. This takes a while because we often have to wait until there are no people coming in or out. Those automatic doors open with all kinds of magic words, did you know?
I hope you've all had a marvelous week of magical days!