Day Twenty-Six - Wow! of the Two Writing Teachers Slice of Life Challenge. Tweet at #SOL15
Thanks to Tara, Dana, Anna, Betsy, Beth and Stacey for hosting!
Also blogging with my students at Linda & Jonathan's Class Blog
AND THEN, they don't go as planned at all. Today, I didn't expect
- two students to be ill, thus absent, and I had to have an important group conversation in which they were needed, so had to delay some of what I wanted to share and discuss.
- students that had a hard time concentrating (spring break begins Friday), but we had already talked about how important the work time was this week so all could be completed by Friday
- students that didn't like examples of a writing piece that I thought were good examples. I know I'm not always right, but the argument was surprising to me.
- a conflict with a colleague that I'm torn about. I am trying to step into that colleague's shoes, but it is a difference of philosophy entire, and I'm torn about it.
- to feel uncomfortable about the day, and I wonder what I could have done to make it different? Perhaps that is part of a teacher's dilemma, always trying to "fix it"!
Thanks Terje, your words made me think again about the day, to write about it, and perhaps now I can put it to bed!
Tabula Rasa (clean slate)