Celebrating Each Saturday with Ruth Ayres at Discover Play Build. There is a lovely group that celebrates, so join us! Tweet at #CelebrateLu
Still learning about writing haiku, still wondering about the words chosen, and those leftovers that are challenging to give up.
celebrating April days -
Linda Baie © All Rights Reserved
Ingrid comes home with me after school every Friday. Today, we spent time in her classroom because she wanted to share her newly published book, and READ it to me. She is a beginning reader, and was so proud to show this latest book, with a few words easier than last time. She's on her way. Her wonderful teacher, my long-time colleague and book buddy, sneaked a few pictures of us. Here I am adding the first comment in Ingrid's book. Celebrating reading and friendship!
Most of this week was filled with school.
- Slam poetry presentations, wonderful poems by 10 teams. All the class also are writing in
- poetry and prose groups, and we had our final sessions Friday. What gifts these writers already have, possibly because
- most of them completed the March Slice of Life Challenge! When you write every day, your writing improves, and you learn important things about your craft, experimenting without even thinking about it. You also get to go to
- Starbucks! My colleague whose class also did the challenge and I trekked to nearby Starbucks to treat those in our classes who wrote all 31 days. It was our final way of celebration. All of us
- celebrated last week with prizes for everyone.
- Wrapping up some things this week meant final celebrations of other assignments, because in a little more than a week we are going to Washington D.C. for a city trip, then off to the Chesapeake Bay area for country fun and challenges. It is going to be a marvelous adventure, so Friday
- we began some additional practice in field journaling. This time, the lesson was in capturing parts of a museum visit without trying to add every bit displayed. We journaled all over the school, using other classes' exhibits as museum displays. It's one of the biggest challenges in journaling on the trips, to enjoy what we see without taking too many notes, but enough to remember.
- CELEBRATING ANTICIPATION!
Have a terrific week everyone!