SOLC #13/31 -I'm slicing with the Two Writing Teachers community for Day Thirteen of Thirty-One of the Slice of Life Challenge in March. Thank you Stacey, Tara, Anna, Betsy, Dana, Kathleen, Beth, and Deb.
I wonder how many people are out there trying to reach us for unsavory purposes? I wish they would find other tech work, but who am I kidding? I wish, but really know, that some of the following e-mails that are dumped into my scam mailbox (thank you Gmail) are clicked on, but not by me. And then the tragedy begins. The computer is hacked, and it's a mess.
I learned long ago with an old pc when I clicked on what I thought was an English teacher's site. I wish now I had paid more attention to what it said so I could share, but I didn't. It's just that all hell broke loose on my computer. It eventually needed erasing, and some files ended up lost, and now forgotten. I do back up everything now, but still, also cautious.
Here is a compiled list of what "THEY" offer:
Thirty-Six messages from the past few days that now have been deleted.
- work from home offer
- find a lawyer - three times!
- Three messages from Wal-mart - gift certificates I've won!
- CostCo is trying to reach me, as is Olga, a representative of "Exotic Russian Women".
- Christie Brinkley's skin care will make me beautiful.
- several dental care offers - how do they know?
- cash and insurance to take care of my timeshare maintenance - I don't have a timeshare.
- offers for added security with a hidden camera - FREE
- rent to own help
- airfare deals
- online Nursing degrees, easy to get financial aid
- Senior Soulmates - with lots of hearts!
- Amazon prime points expiring - Amazon doesn't use this e-mail to contact me
- perfect solution to acne
- iPhone tips - wrong e-mail
The key words: worth looking into, you've missed. . ., free, cheaper, waiting for you, all that is good, watch your home, compare and save, cut down on your bill, help on your settlement, must confirm, your file has been updated, best. . . Enough said?
Emoji stars flash and hearts beat to attract. I know you might find this an easy "of course", but please be careful!