And tweet at #CelebrateLu
The biggest news to celebrate is that the BC teachers's strike has ended and Carrie Gelson of There's A Book For That; and Adrienne Gear of Reading Power Gear go back to work on Monday! Hurrah!
- Walking every day, enjoying the gorgeous weather.
- Being a Cybils' judge for poetry once again. See the announcements here. You'll recognize so many names on the lists!
- Reading a book to my granddaughter's class this week. They're studying food for their class unit this year, so I read Eat Like A Bear by April Pulley Sayre and Steve Jenkins, very fun, beautiful to see and to hear. And marvelous to have Ingrid right there in the group, listening. She came home with me today, too!
- Making plans with colleagues. It was good to talk even more with different people, to discover concerns and goals now that they're had their classes for a while, getting to know the students.
- Writing, writing, writing. I am taking an online poetry workshop this month with
Renée La Tulippe, who blogs at No Water River. If you are interested in learning more about children's writing, and ready to spend the time each day, this is a marvelous experience. Check the blog link for more info!
It was a good week. I hope yours was, too!